I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by two different wonderful bloggers in one week! Due to this, I’m going to be doing a part one and part two post so that I can cover all of the questions asked. For this one, I would like to thank Savannah from The Book Prophet for nominating me – I am so excited to answer your questions!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the eleven questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions (I am going to nominate six in this post and five in part two)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What do you hope to accomplish by book blogging? Do you have an ultimate goal, doing it just for fun, etc.?
I have always had two goals for this blog: to discuss books with other like-minded people, and to improve my own writing (as I hear the best way to do this is to write consistently). Every single day I blog I grow to love it more and more, so it has also really grown into a passion of mine!
What’s one thing you’d like to do before you die?
Although there are hundreds of things on my list to do, one major thing is very specific – to go on a yoga and meditation retreat, possibly in Thailand. I practice both quite often (admittedly, I need to get back into my meditation practice more) but I can just imagine the sense of peace and awakening one of these retreats would bring.
If you could pick one book to hold in your hands right now, which would it be?
The sixth book in the Throne of Glass series, without a doubt. I need that book.
Do you plan on going to college, are you currently in college, or have you graduated from college? If so, any tips?
I have actually applied for a joint honours degree in English and History and have just over a week to go until I get my A Level results and find out whether I have secured my place to start in September!
What non-canon ship is your favourite?
There are so many. Although I love Remus and Tonks, I have a soft spot for Remus and Sirius. If we’re talking ships not in books, however, it has to be Merlin and Arthur from BBC’s Merlin, although that’s so obvious it’s almost canon already.
Have you met any authors?
No *cries*. There are several I’d love to meet… one day…
Tell us something you do that you don’t think anybody else does.
This was SUCH a hard question to think up an answer to! Ahh, I don’t know! With every meal I eat I usually have two or three different drinks at the same time (the other day I had a glass of water, a cup of tea and orange juice – you never know what you’re going to need with each mouthful!) I hope you enjoyed that incredibly fascinating fact about me.
What would your perfect vacation look like?
This would be visiting anywhere with a lot of history to see. I would love to see the Terracotta Army and Giant Buddha statue in China, the Parthenon in Greece, Pompeii, Machu Picchu…
What does your daily routine usually consist of?
This really is fairly standard. I wake up, read/watch something, eat, blog, shower/bath…
What’s your favourite animal?
I have always been very attached to the Bengal Tiger. As it is I’m an absolute cat lover, and they’re such majestic animals that one day I hope to be able to adopt one through the WWF.
How was your day?
It was great, thanks for asking! I blogged, I watched The Desolation of Smaug, I went for a walk – nice and relaxing.
1) Is there any film or TV show adaptation that you preferred to the book?
2) Which genre of book are you least likely to pick up?
3) If someone asked you to recommend one book that you think would tell them a lot about you, which would it be?
4) Do you have any ambitions to be an author yourself?
5) Share a favourite quote!
6) If you could rewrite one fictional character’s ending, who would it be and what would you change?
7) Name one fictional location you would go to if you had a portal that allowed you to visit for 24 hours.
8) Tell me one thing, other than books/blogging, that you’re incredibly passionate about.
9) What is your favourite type of weather?
10) What is your favourite genre of music?
11) If you could meet one person from history, who would it be? (I know this question gets used a lot but I’m always fascinated to hear answers to it!)
- Always Trust In Books
- Bionic Book Worm
- My Shelf & Myself
- The Introverted Book Nerd
- Too Much Of A Book Nerd
As always, it’s entirely up to you if you want to do this tag or not – I look forward to seeing everyone’s answers if you do, though! As I mentioned, part two will be up fairly soon. Let me know your own answers to some of the questions I posed in the comments!